These cookies with cream cheese and mini chocolate chip simply melt in your mouth. Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookies are simple, light and delicious, my favorite cookie recipe.
I feel like these cookies are the answer to my dessert dreams. I love cheesecake so much and have the BEST Cheesecake Recipe here on my site, but cheesecake requires a bit of time. It bakes for almost an hour, and then it has to chill completely…so while it’s an amazing make ahead dessert for entertaining, it’s not an instant gratification-type sweet treat. Enter Cheesecake Stuffed Cookies.
The “cheesecake” filling is actually more of a cream cheese frosting, but let’s not get technical.
Here’s What You Need For These Cheesecake Stuffed Cookies
The ingredients for these cookies are super basic, and no fancy equipment is necessary. No water baths, no springform pans. Just a mixer and a baking sheet!
- Cream Cheese: The trick to making the cheesecake filling is keeping the cream cheese cold. SO start this recipe with cold, cubed cream cheese. It will mix up just fine, you don’t have to worry if there are any small lumps, and it will save you chill time!
- Powdered Sugar: You want the cheesecake filling to be sweet, and the easiest way to do this is powdered sugar! I don’t recommend using granulated, as it will be grainy in the filling.
- Butter: I always use salted butter, unless otherwise specified. I know this is a little taboo when it comes to baking experts, but I honestly just prefer it. If you are sensitive to salt, absolutely use unsalted, or go ahead and leave out the added salt in the cookie dough!
- Light Brown and Granulated Sugar: These are both standard ingredients in chocolate chip cookies! Pack the light brown sugar when you are measuring it!
- One Egg PLUS an Egg Yolk: This is a trick I use when I’m making cookies that I want to be on the thicker side. The extra yolk gives a slight richness to the dough, while adding a little more moisture, but not too much.
- Vanilla: I always use Pure Vanilla Extract. The flavor can’t be matched!
- All Purpose Flour: Don’t worry about mixing flours for this recipe. The texture comes from the crisp edges of the cookie and the soft cream cheese filling.
- Salt and Baking Soda: These are two more standard cookie ingredients. Like I said above, if you are sensitive to salt, and are already using salted butter you can omit the extra salt in the recipe. I am a salty girl, though, which is why I include it!
The Recipe is On The Next Page