With NYT Cook, we will discover the recipe for Roast Pork, a good tender and tasty meat accompanied by small vegetables and lardons.
This Pork Loin Roast is hands down the BEST pork loin recipe. If you’re wondering how to cook pork loin, this easy method makes juicy, fork tender pork loin.
Ingredients / for 6 people
- 1 pork roast, about 1 kg
- 2 onions
- 200 g chamipgnons
- One small tray of bacon
- 1 kg of potatoes
- One garlic clove
- 1 glass of white wine
- 300 g carrots
- salt pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place vegetables on bottom of a shallow roasting pan. Mix 2 tablespoons flour, bay leaf, thyme, and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper; rub over roast. Place roast on top of vegetables, fat side up. Add 2 cups water to pan.
- Roast, uncovered, 1½ hours. Sprinkle brown sugar over roast. Roast 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. (Temperature of roast will continue to rise another 5-10° upon standing.)
- Remove roast to a platter. Tent with foil; let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Strain drippings from roasting pan into a measuring cup; skim fat. Add enough water to the drippings to measure 1-1/2 cups.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk remaining flour and 1/3 cup water until smooth. Gradually whisk in drippings mixture and remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve roast with gravy.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled sliced pork and gravy in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, gently stirring and adding a little broth or water if necessary.
How Else Can I Make Pork Roast?
You can definitely make this dish in the slow cooker, just follow these steps:
- Create the rub as described above and rub over the loin. Sear the pork loin on all sides in olive oil. Layer sliced onion on the bottom of the slow cooker to prevent the pork loin from burning.
- Place the pork loin in your slow cooker and cook on LOW for 4 – 6 hours. Follow the instructions above to make your gravy.
- Create the rub as described above and rub over the loin. Sear the pork loin on all sides in olive oil on the saute setting once it has heated up according to manufacture directions.
- Remove the pork loin from the pressure cooker and pour in a half cup of broth. Place the trivet in the cooker and place the loin on top. Seal the lid securely and select the meat/stew setting and allow it to cook for 17 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release and remove the lid before removing the pork loin and allowing to rest. Follow the instructions above to make your gravy
Tips For Making The Best Rosemary Garlic Pork Roast
- You can use bone in or boneless pork loin, whichever you prefer is completely up to you. If you use bone in and a meat thermometer just be sure the thermometer isn’t touching the bone.
- If you don’t own a meat thermometer, pierce the pork in the middle with a fork and if the juices run clear, the meat is done.
- Make sure you let your pork loin rest! It will be tempting to cut into it right away but this will result in all those juices leaving the meat and making your roast dry.
- I used 4 lb of pork loin for this recipe but if you’re using a heavier or lighter cut just keep in mind that the cooking time is around 20 minutes per pound.
- Searing your meat on all sides will ensure that all that flavor and juice is locked in before we begin to roast. It will also ensure a nice crust on the meat.